Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin!

Okay so I'm officially scheduled for surgery on October 3rd!  Never thought I would actually feel relieved to know that it was happening so soon but at this point I am SO ready.  I've been having a lot of pain lately, something I haven't had in years--literally have a constant burning sensation in the muscles around my curves it is VERY irritating :/  With only two months to go until I'm immobile for at least six weeks, I'm trying to have all the fun I can possibly have right now! Gotta get it all out of my system so I don't go too crazy...I mean give me a break I am a college kid after all, I can't be expected to take this downtime lightly ;P
So I'm currently making a list of things I'll probably need to be comfortable after the surgery: movies, books, button front shirts, comfy pj's, front closure bras, and of course I NEED to find a way to hook my netflix up to my tv!  I already have a lot of pillows so I think I'm fine there but of course I'll have my phone on speed dial to everyone who can bring me things!
I'm not sure how long I should expect to be on bedrest, so to speak.  I'd like to think that I'll be ABLE to get around within just a couple weeks, although still battling the tiredness and probably some discomfort.  I'm very glad it's scheduled for October though, as I should be mostly myself by Christmas and deffinitely ready to get back to school for the spring. 

I'll keep you all posted on how this goes!  Check back soon :D

“Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that's what makes you strong.”
~Sarah Dessen

2 comments:

  1. ALL Need to Identify & Remove the True Cause: http://WWW.ScoliosisPrevention.Org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL Need to Identify & Remove the True Cause: http://WWW.ScoliosisPrevention.Org/

    ReplyDelete